Tuesday, January 29, 2008

witticism

I need to go over my notes from Sunday. I get these "epiphanies" -- actually just thoughts but if I say I have an epiphany it seems much deeper.

genocide [ˈdʒenəsaid] noun
the deliberate killing of a race of people

we were discussing genocide tonight, or briefly the word "genocide" and I always thought the definition was as noted above, but apparently it encompasses much more -- at least the accepted definition now -- "the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group." Interesting. Probably is indicative of the type of violence we have seen over the last 100 years.

Writing about this makes me feel weird. Saying the word doesn't invoke quite the same feelings.

So what does this all have to do with witticism??

(wit·ti·cism [wit-uh-siz-uhm] – noun
a witty remark or sentence.
[Origin: 1645–55; deriv. of witty, modeled on criticism]
—Synonyms joke, jest, quip, sally, wisecrack.

not a thing. just thought I might have something witty to say.

g'night.

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...