Sunday, February 10, 2008

goals

The only way I am going to achieve what I want (and I'm not really sure what I want, but I have some ideas) is to set some realistic goals. Mark my progress and reassess. I will make a list of goals and then figure what i need to do to achieve those goals. I'm going to start with baby steps.

1 -- lose weight -- which means, eat less, exercise more. where to begin?

a) this week, I'll go for sugar just once a day. I want to shoot for 1200 calories a day, but I'm not quite sure how to do that in my circumstance. I think I will count my calories this week to see what I am actually eating. I won't try to modify (other than the sugar 1x a day). I'll just monitor.

b) exercise-wise? not sure what is feasible and realistic. how about 10-15 minutes on the treadmill each day. That should be do-able. then we'll have to re-visit next week.

2 -- bible study -- I have two studies that I need to prepare for. one is once a week. the other two times a month. I will start with 15 minutes a day, at night, starting on Wednesday this week. I will have to prepare for this Tuesday's study on Monday night and then maybe at lunch on Tuesday.

It is really difficult for me to write about this here. I know that no one but me reads my blog, but I fear people knowing that I am a Christian and that I go to Bible studies and that I try to understand the Bible and God. I fear their rejection of me for having these beliefs. I fear they will think I'm stupid and make fun of me for these beliefs. And these things might very well be true (that others would think these things) -- but I have to get over the fear. What is the worst that can happen to me for this? People thinking these things and not liking me and even if worse things could happen, I should not fear what man can do to me.

3 -- knitting -- I have several projects going that I need to work on. when can I do that?

4 -- crocheting for women's retreat -- preparing presentation ...

5 -- taping shows for Paul. Sending him a package.

6 -- Sending package to Kelly.

7 -- cataloging pictures (get scanner); finish photo albums

8 -- genealogy

9 -- quilting

10 - school; I want to take the next English class, history classes, dance classes, photography.

11 -- reading, in addition to the fun reading I do, I want to read the classics, some non-fiction


I guess that's it for now. Anyway, this week, I think I'll focus on the first two things. the weight loss and bible study time. The other part of this goal setting stuff, is to revisit next Sunday night.

okay. go.

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...