Thursday, October 23, 2008

Songs

There are many songs that I know that I don't know so well, this week's song is "Oh, what a night" by Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons. For about 30 years I thought the chorus went like this:

Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked
In the room and I,
As I recall it ended my youth ..

however the real words are

As I recall it ended much too soon.

which makes more sense but I just couldn't hear it -- not until I went and saw Jersey Boys -- then I could understand the words and now it is perfectly clear. I wonder for how many other songs I have the wrong words.

This is truly something of import to ponder.

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...