Thursday, January 6, 2011

Decaf Coffee and Fabric

Had a great night tonight! That sounds more exciting than I acted, but I had a really good night.  First I went to Joann's to get the backing for my "other" pinwheel sampler.  There was other fabric on sale -- half price clearance stuff.  I got some striped fabric for bindings, some animal print that should go with some other fabric I already have, and some striped flannel.  




After Joann's I went to Daiso, a Japanese store.  I got some mugs (for my dad), a small notebook to keep in my purse, and bamboo knitting needles, all for under $10.




After that, I went to Trader Joe's and got some hummus and pita chips, yummy!  Then I buzzed by Target, but didn't get anything there -- they didn't have any leftover Christmas goodies.

Then, the highlight of my evening ... I went to a friend's house and had coffee, cookies, and good conversation.  Can't ask for much more.  All in all, a great evening!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Great buys - love that animal print! And then to finish the day with friends - couldn't be better!

Shay said...

I love the last fabric. It's crazy the way we textile people get so excited about fabric but crazy good!

And clearance or bargain priced for something you love is even better !

Glad you had an enjoyable gab-fest. Im just off to get my morning coffee.

Katie said...

Looks like some bargains.

Marg said...

Great fabric purchases and great bargains too. i wish we had Joann's here.
It's always nice to have a coffee and a catch up with friends. Sounds like a really good night to me.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...