Saturday, May 14, 2011

In The Moment ..

One of my least favorite phrases is "being in the moment."  (Along with surreal -- but I'll save that for another day.)  Even though I don't like the phrase, I like the concept because I don't know what tomorrow holds and yesterday is gone, there is only now.  I want to enjoy today, now. I don't want to wait until things get better, until I am in a different situation. I want to enjoy NOW.  I am never going to be any younger than I am right now (I will, however, be older by the time you read this).  So, this is it.

Okay that moment is over, but hopefully you get the idea.

The only thing is that I have to remind myself.  I have to remember to say to myself, "don't let this moment slip away; remember it; this is special."  Otherwise, I don't and it's gone.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean...we always wait for a better situation, a better moment and forget to live and enjoy. After my Dad died at the age of only 56 I changed my attitude around a little and decided to do what I want right now and to save the moment in my heart...who knows how many more moments we will have...
Great post!!

Shay said...

I need to remind myself of this more often too. I think we're all guilty of thinking "I'll do such and such when things get better, when things are different ...someday" We need to remember we dont always get a someday .

Life should be more about living in the here and now and drinking in every possible opportunity.

Thanks for the reminder. Ive been feeling sorry for myself today and this was the kick I needed.

(I'll try not to use surreal in the future now ...)

Unknown said...

I love the line "By the time you read this I will be older already!" Does make you think. Thanks! Happy Sunday!

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers