Friday, July 8, 2011

Life is short

I just learned that one of my dearest friend's granddaughter died.  She was a week shy of one year.  Life is short and you never know what tomorrow holds.

My heart is breaking for my friend and her family.  I wish I could be there to help her, but I can't.  It's too far away.  So I pray for her.

Just after I posted this, I ran across another blog with this Longfellow poem, "The Rainy Day."  It seemed appropriate ..


Be still, sad heart, and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
  Some days must be dark and dreary.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so deeply sorry for your freind and her family. There are some things I will never, ever, understand.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...