Monday, November 7, 2011

Eagle Harbor Web

I used to stop by and visit the Eagle Harbor Web, http://www.eagleharborweb.net/, daily to read what George had to say and what was new in Eagle Harbor.  I loved the pictures he would post during his walkabouts.  And honestly, when he would sail for the summer, I was always a little sad because I knew I wouldn't see anything new for a while.  Boy, that sounds stupid now, doesn't it.


The chairs in front of George's house in Eagle Harbor.

I don't remember George at all from when I was young -- I remember his two daughters -- and that they were the cutest little girls.  At one point, I "dated" one of his nephews, Alan.  I thought it was true love, but he stopped writing to me, I think it was after I was hanging out with another boy at the bonfire.  I guess it wasn't meant to be.

When I started going back to the Harbor (I think it was 2004), you would know that George was out sailing if the "gone sailing" sign was posted in front of his house.  Of course, you could always tell he was home if his van was out front.  

When I was very young, there was a doctor who owned George's house.  I can remember seeing him sitting in the window. Then Mrs. Hite bought the house.  I stole some logs from her for a bonfire on the beach when I was 13 .. she probably would have given them to me if I had asked.  And then sometime between when I was 13 and when I was an adult, the house became George's.  I wonder who will be sitting in front of the window now ..

I will miss George.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Rest in Peace George.

What a lovely post of remembrance Thea.

Anna said...

Nice memories. I never knew George. That is the difference 7 years can make.

Kate said...

Lovely post. Very sorry for your loss.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers