Friday, November 11, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

Today is Veteran's Day in the US and so veteran's are my favorite thing today.  We have a few in the family: my three uncles (WWII), my grandfather (WWI), my brother-in-law (career army with several tours in Vietnam), my cousin (reserves), my husband (army), my son (army with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan), and my several of my nephews, not to mention some grandnephews and probably others that I've forgotten.


Oliff, Schallert & Wagner

I almost forgot to link up to Shay at Quilting in My Pyjamas .. please click here to see what other favorites other people have.

2 comments:

Shay said...

And I almost forgot to post FTF as well!

Your family has had a lot of involvement with the military. My grandfather was in WW2. It was Remembrance Day here as well and we observed two minutes silence and gave thanks for those who gave up their lives so we can live the life we have today.

Marg said...

Here in Oz it's Remembrance Day. One of my friends is about to do a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers