Thursday, November 3, 2011

Keeping my eyes on the ball

In the past month, one of my NY co-workers died and the husband of another NY co-worker was killed in a car accident.  This should make me stop and think about what's important in life yet I feel like I haven't stopped for long enough.  Maybe because they are so far away and I don't/didn't have contact with them on a daily basis?

But, I'm trying to remember that so much of the stuff I deal with on a daily basis isn't important and I need to focus on what is important.  The people in my life.  From the ones that I am close to, to the those who I barely know.  From those I have fun with, to those I don't want to be around.  They all matter more than all the other crap.

So that's it for deep thoughts today.

4 comments:

AMW said...

I'm right there with you! Two weeks ago, a good friend was hit on his bicycle by an SUV while commuting to work. Luckily, he survived, but not without major damage to his leg. It hit me hard that life is short, and our friends are precious.

Great post!

Kate said...

It is so easy to get caught up in the "daily dramas" we all have. It's so hard to just live and appreciate the all the important stuff.

Katie said...

no thoughts to deep thoughts. Sending thoughts and prayers to your friends and their families.

Shay said...

I;m sorry to hear about the rough times some people you know are experiencing. I think events like that always push us to ponder on our own lives and what's really important.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers