Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another birthday ..

You know you're getting old when your youngest child turns 23.  Today was my YD's birthday.  We began the weekend with a BBQ and then today had a family dinner and dessert at home.

First the BBQ .. lots of friends from college and high school.  and family too.  All were there except for my OD who is in Los Angeles ..

YD and some of her college buddies - and Mikey!

Andrew!

The chef ..

The proud papa!

The proud brother ..

The girls catching up and eating ..

Playing cranium .. (cousin, OS's girlfriend, OS, and MS)


Grandpa joining in on the birthday shot toast .. 

and then today at home for the birthday dinner and cake


The "cake" -- recipe from here.



All in all a good day though I had trouble finding the chicken wings for her dinner and then when I did, I didn't buy enough.  The dessert was delicious and really easy to make.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like fun! We had people over this weekend too although because it was mad men season preview and like 80 degrees.

Katie said...

PS happy birthday R! The comment box cut me off!

Shay said...

Every single member of your family is adorable, especially the birthday girl. I hope she had a wonderful time.

Sex in a pan hey ...that looks like something Mr. P would like. He loves desserts. I think I made it once a billion years ago.

Arlee Bird said...

I know the feeling. My youngest will turn 23 in April. Ironically my youngest provided our first grandchild 3 years ago. We've had another since. The grandchildren is what really puts things in perspective.
Congratulations on such a lovely family.

Lee
The Dog Lived (and So Did I)
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Marg said...

Happy Birthday to YD.
It's nice to have all the family and friends around to celebrate birthdays. That cake looks very yummy!

Paulette said...

It looks like you all had such a nice time. The little guy is adorable. And that cake, I can see how it would have that name, it looks so good!

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers