Friday, March 23, 2012

Favorite Things Friday

My favorite this week, other than linking up with everyone else and seeing what everybody has been up to, is popcorn.  Kate reminded me of this when she posted about spring break.

Image from here http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_popcorn/
I love, love, love popcorn.  When we go to the movies, I can eat a whole large bag by myself.  I usually have to share but I could eat it all myself.  Going to the movies wouldn't be the same without popcorn, and even though it costs as much as the movie, I have to have it.  I don't feel like I've been to the movies without it.

I love kettle corn, cheesy popcorn. microwave popcorn, bagged popcorn, popcorn cooked in oil, popcorn from a hot air popper.  I don't care how it's made -- I love popcorn.  My grandfather used to pop it in old bacon grease -- that was divine.

I love kettle corn from Popcorn, Indiana.  but quite honestly, I just love popcorn.

To see what other people's favorites are or to post one of your favorites, check out Favourite Things Friday at Quilting In My Pyjamas.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Who doesn't love popcorn?

ThreeOldKeys said...

mmmm ... your post even smells good!

Kate said...

Ooooh, popcorn is good stuff. Though I miss popping it the old fashioned way, in my Mom's old skillet. It doesn't taste the same popped in a different skillet.

Shay said...

This is totally one of my favourite things ( so much so that I actually got excited when I saw your post !)

I agree that you cant go to the movies without eating popcorn. I love to slather mine in butter and salt and munch away (I usually dont share )

Off to make some ....Im highly suggestible !

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers