Monday, April 22, 2013

Katie & Dustin's Wedding - Part III

The day of the wedding we got up late and didn't do much until it was lunch time, then we met up with my sister at Steak 'n Shake -- had a burger and milkshake.  Then we went back to our hotel while she (my sister) went on to the church.

Here are my pics of the wedding.  Unfortunately, most of them turned out blurry or with someone's head in the way (that's what happens when you're short), but here goes...
the bridesmaids and flower girl.
 
Katie watching the reading.

 
Exchanging vows.

 
In the hall, waiting for the bridal party.

Here they come ...

 
The wedding doughnuts.

The bride and groom in front of their wedding doughnuts*.

Getting ready to share and smash the doughnuts (I didn't take any pictures). And the toast, with the doughnuts, was with milk!

My YD with my father.

and of course there was dancing ..


Here's a photo of the wedding party taken by the wedding photographer.  I love it!

After the wedding, I met up with my cousins and walked around Indianapolis, by the canal.  After walking for about an hour, we decided to meet up with the rest of the gang and ended up at the JW Marriott in the sports bar.  We were at the same hotel as the happy couple, but for some strange reason, they didn't come down to join us.  We finished up around midnight and went back to the hotel.

The next day, we drove to Chicago and flew home from there.  Our flight was at 10 a.m., and was three hours away so we needed to leave at 5:30 a.m. to get there in time.  The airport was in a different time zone so I thought that meant we had to leave at 4:30.  Turns out I was thinking backwards and we only had to get up at 6:30 .. fortunately we worked that out the night before.  It really would have been a bummer to get there two hours early ..

so that's it. the brief story of that weekend ... I've taken so long to post this that Katie & Dustin are already back from their honeymoon in Dublin.  so naughty of me.

*There's a reason for the doughnuts instead of a cake, but you'll have to ask Katie about that.

4 comments:

Katie said...

What fun! I am so glad you were able to join us.

Shay said...

I love your pictures Thea. I popped over to Katie's a week or so ago and told her I love the colour theme. So fresh and modern.

Kate said...

What fun pictures! Sounds like it was a fun wedding.

Anna said...

It was great to see you and now I can't wait until Paul Jr. gets married. I already have my ticket!

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers