Saturday, June 1, 2013

American Jane - Basted

Thursday night I cut out the batting for the quilt and rolled it up, the way I saw on the Craftsy class I took (well took part of). 



Then today I basted the quilt.  Like Susan, at Canadian Abroad, I pinned my backing to the floor before doing the basting.  It actually made the basting easier and I don't have any tape so it was a great solution.

Here's the back of the backing


and the front after basting





And now I can start quilting. 

I think my goal will be to do a certain number of lines a night.  I think I'm going to do diagonal lines through each square and then maybe shadow lines around the blocks.  I have some pieced white pieces that I want to hide the piecing.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Great progress! Have fun with the quilting.

Shay said...

Way to go on getting the basting done. That's what Im going to be doing today too!

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...