Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Turkey Trot - Thanksgiving 2013

So, this year, on Thanksgiving morning my husband and I, and our oldest, his wife, our youngest, her boyfriend, and my nephew ran in the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot.  It's a 5k/10 walk. 



Here we all are before the race .. I don't have any after pictures.  :(.  Anyway, this was my first "race" ever.  There were about 20,000 people running.  I came in 202nd in my age/gender group.  Don't know how many women my age were running ... I walked/ran it in 42 minutes even - about a 13.5 minute mile.

I think I want to make this a family tradition -- even the little ones can join in.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing the Turkey Trot. Sounds like you made good time.

Marg said...

That's fantastic, and a great tradition to start. You all look fabulous.

Katie said...

Awesome! We always are out of town at thanksgiving.

Shay said...

Way to go Thea ! I wouldnt have made it past the first mile!

Anna said...

Woot woot way to go Sista!

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...