Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cocktail Wednesday

so, I decided to follow Little Miss Sunshine and Mrs. Pyjamas and mix it up, literally, on Wednesday with a cocktail.  I'm not sure why they're doing it, but I'm doing it just to copy them.  This week's cocktail was a Lemon Meringue Cocktail.  The recipe was simple, but the result not so good.


It was quite potent and everyone here turned their noses up at it.  I decided to google it and found several other recipes that I will try should I ever have the desire to have a Lemon Meringue Cocktail again.  

In order to drink this one, I diluted it with lemonade.  After doing that, my YD said it was less horrible, but still horrible.  hmmm.

I finished my lemonade diluted Lemon Meringue Cocktail and am feeling quite ready for bed.

Can't wait to see what is picked for next week's cocktail...

5 comments:

Katie said...

Lol! It doesn't even sound good! I however don't like alcohol flavored.

Marti said...

LOL, I do some things just because other bloggers do them too. Some work, some don't. But hey, you got a good night's sleep out of it.

Marti said...

Oh, I was going to add that I'd follow too, but since alcohol gives me hot flashes, it would have to be a V8 cocktail and that isn't quite the same.

Shay said...

Awwwwww you gave it a shot. Thank you. I'm with you Thea, I didn't like it either...it tasted like medicine.

Onward and upward to next week and a better cocktail!

Kate said...

I wondered about that flavor combo. Glad you found a way to make it drinkable.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers