Friday, October 3, 2014

gone missing

let me just start with I HATE THAT PHRASE.  Someone has disappeared or is missing -- when it's "gone missing" it sounds like a choice the missing person has made.  I don't know .. it just feels like bad grammar to me. 

That being said, I've been negligent in my blogging and commenting / reading blogs. I have no excuse but laziness. Well, that's mostly for the reading/commenting side.  As for the lack of posts, I haven't been sewing much and I already posted pics from my vacation (didn't I?). 

And it's not that I'm not doing things.  After all, I went to see the play Wicked. (It was amazing and an interesting take on an old story.) and then I went to Napa last weekend.  I'm just not writing about them.

I need to do my September update and my linky .. I did start something new in September, a blanket that I'm knitting.  I think I may rip it out and start over because I wasn't really keeping track of where I was .. I really need to do that.  I made a few items too.  First I made a laptop case for my OD -- it was a little small.  If I were to do it over again, I would add an extra inch everywhere. 


I also made her an aviator cap for Halloween -- it didn't turn out great, but may be passable .. if she doesn't use it, I won't be upset at all. 



And then before going to Napa, I made a clutch.  I was testing out the pattern (which I adapted from this pattern) and was going to make it with the faux leather I had for the aviator cap.  I haven't made the faux leather one yet...


I need to get to work on two quilts.  One for a co-worker and the other for my DIL's brother.  That's what this is for. 


I plan to put a giraffe in the center and the blue around the outside is supposed to be gingham.

Anyway, I haven't gone missing, I'm just a slacker ..

5 comments:

Southern Gal said...

You've been busy! I saw Wicked and Les Mis. they were both fabulous.

Kate said...

Looks like you've been plenty busy in the sewing room. I love the aviator hat, that's really cool. Thankfully DT is using a onsie(?) made like a kangaroo that my niece gave her last Christmas, so I don't have to make her anything.

Sometimes it's just hard to keep up with all the computer stuff, sew, take photographs and all the other stuff too. Sometimes you just have to let something go.

Marg said...

You're not the only one.
I think the aviator hat looks great.

Kirsten said...

Oh I am so happy to read your post. And believe me I am with you. A lot of times I am just too lazy or tired to read blogs or even write on my own. Sure feels good to know other people out there have the same "problems"

Shay said...

I love gingham- and your idea for that quilt is sweet.

The aviator cap looks pretty good to me !

Did you make the laptop bag from a pattern? I made an Ipad case from a pattern a while back and that was a little snug too - I;d add an extra inch to mine if I did it again . Maybe all patterns underestimate the fabric requirements?

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...