Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Kindred Spirits

I'm not sure where I first heard this phrase "kindred spirit", maybe Anne of Green Gables, which I'm not sure I ever read or even watched the whole movie .. anyway, it's one of my favorites.  It totally describes the closest of friends.

One thing I do at work is send out an email daily about what's going on in the office, who's where, etc.  Each year I do something fun in this email, one year it was trivia questions, one year it was comic strips, this year it's quotes.  This is the quote I put in today's email:

 "A true friend is one soul in two bodies." Aristotle

Totally, the concept of kindred spirit.  I would say in my life, I have had 4-5 friends who fall in the kindred spirit category.  When you find one, it's for ever.  All of time and space can't change that.


4 comments:

Katie said...

Time to re-read then! I read it last year I think it was. I've probably had maybe 8 people that fall in this category.

Shay said...

Love your email themes. What a great idea!

Finding kindred spirits ( yes that IS from Anne of Green Gables by the way) is one of the joys of life. It's wonderful when it happens because its usually so unexpected , but you just know you've made a friend for life.

Southern Gal said...

Great quote. True friends are hard to find, but when you do...

I'm ready to rewatch and reread Anne of Green Gables!

Kate said...

I'm lucky enough to be married to my kindred spirit.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers