Friday, March 25, 2016

Birthday Dinner ... Stuffed Steak Rolls

I try to make a special dinner for my kids on their birthdays -- rather than going out, we stay in and have our favorites.  This year, my YD asked for something new:  stuffed steak rolls (recipe from here).

Ingredients:
  • Flank steak (2 lbs)
  • Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • Garlic
  • baby spinach
  • provolone cheese

Cooked up the onions and mushrooms...

Put the flank steak on the cutting board -- should have beaten it until it was much much thinner.


Layered the mushroom/onion mixture and then the spinach ...


and then the cheese .. then rolled it up, sliced it, browned the slices, and put them in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.


This is what it looked like out of the oven ...


and this is on the plate .. why do my daughter's pictures look so much better??? 
anyway, very yummy!

(This is just to prove that I do more than just have cocktails ...)


3 comments:

Southern Gal said...

That looks fabulous. I'll have to try it!

Kate said...

Looks really good. Hope Robin had a very happy birthday.

Anna said...

Looks delicious! Dessie used to fix stuffed steak too. I never got the recipe though.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers