Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Friday, March 3, 2023
Goals - Monthly Update - February
My goals for February:
- Sign up for Spanish - NOPE - I'm not quite ready to make the commitment
- Continue walking regularly (17 of 28 days)
- Cocktail (Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini) - need to post about it, but we had the cocktail on Super Bowl Sunday
- Continue with the Prisoner - I've watched a few more episodes. I think I've watch 10 now (there are only 17)
- Go to Gallifrey One - YAY
- Make another new recipe - didn't do this, but have a plan to.
- Fitbit miles : 103.35 (total 183.6)
- Weight - down 0.8 lbs. hardly counts as a loss but it's not a gain, so that's a win.
- Continue walking on treadmill
- Eat at least three fresh veggies / fruit per week
- Cocktail (not selected yet)
- Continue with the Prisoner
- Go to a new winery in Livermore
- Work on Mackenzie's knit blanket
- Deep clean one room in the house .. but which one?
- Reorganize cupboards in kitchen
Cookies #9 - Checkerboard Icebox Cookies
Here's the picture from the book, but I made it look like they were mine ...
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2-1/4 c. flour
- 1 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 2 T. cocoa powder
Me trying to be artsy and imitate the cover of the book.
These turned out pretty good. We, my YD and I, were thinking that we might try and roll the dough flatter and then roll them up together and make a swirly cookie. We'll see if we ever do that.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
2023 - Week 8 : Feb 19 - Feb 25
2023 - Week 7 : Feb 12 - Feb 18
2023 - Week 6 : Feb 5 - Feb 11
2023 - Week 5 : Jan 29 - Feb 4
Thursday, February 2, 2023
Goals - Monthly Update - January
I am one day late with this, but wanted to keep track of the walking I'm doing and my weight, as well as some of my other goals. So here goes.
Fitbit miles : 80.25
Weight - 0 lbs lost; 0 lbs gained (this is a win since I was up two pounds earlier in the month)
We did our cocktail this month.
Watched more episodes of the Prisoner.
Made one new recipe.
Looked into taking Spanish
Got some pictures hung in the house
My goals for February:
Sign up for Spanish
Continue walking regularly
Cocktail (Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini)
Continue with the Prisoner
Go to Gallifrey One
Make another new recipe
anything else from the list I can do ...
Cookies #8 - Haystacks
Basically, you melt the butterscotch and stir in the noodles & peanuts, let them sit and you're done.
I did butterscotch, white chocolate, and chocolate (but the chocolate I used was dark and very not sweets so that was actually a bust). The butterscotch were the best. If I do this again, I will use more noodles and less sauce.
2023 - Week 4 : Jan 22 - 28
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Cookies #7 - Thin Mints
The most recent cookie was Thin Chocolate Mint Cookies -- basically the girl scout thin mints. Nevada made hers ages ago. I just made mine this weekend.
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/5 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 c refined coconut oil
3/4 c sugar
2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
for the chocolate coating:
1 pound semisweet chocolate wafers
1/8 t. peppermint oil
One interesting thing with these cookies was that they were rolled between two sheets of parchment paper. I'm not sure why. I also made them smaller than suggested and then overcooked almost all of them.
2023 - Week 9 : Feb 26 to Mar 4
Feb 26 Feb 27 - the drive home March 1 March 2 March 4
I have never done this sort of thing before (unless you count Favorite Things Friday ... ) but I am participating in a Quilting Meet & ...
I figured I better get this posted before the month slips away from me. I only have 43 items so I need 9 more. Hopefully I can come up wit...