My SIL had asked me to make Hawaiian bread so I decided to take a stab at it. This is what it was supposed to look like.
This is what mine looked like.
It tasted okay -- not quite the way it was supposed to, but not horrible. I think I'll try a different recipe next time. I'm not great on these soft breads.
Here's the recipe I used.
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple juice (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (100 – 110°F)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) instant yeast
- 4 1/2 cups (20 ounces) bread flour
Next time I'll probably use a different recipe since it seems many of the other recipes include ginger.
One thing I want to work on this year it baking better bread. I need to step up my game, that's for sure.