Made with baby ginger
from Casselmonte Farm and wildflower honey from Bearer Farms, Hardywood
Gingerbread Stout captures the terroir of Central Virginia in a rich, creamy
libation with a velvety mouthfeel and an intriguing evolution of notes from
milk chocolate and vanilla, to honeycomb and cinnamon, to a snap of ginger in
This beer was tasty but I couldn't finish it so I give it a 3 out of 5. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it; if someone gave me one, I would drink it, but would need to share. (Paul didn't like it at all, so I need someone else to share it with.)
I'm a little late with my list this year and I haven't hit 52 items this year.
2. Seattle - DONE
3. Dallas, Texas - DONE
4. North Carolina
5. Washington, DC
6. Grand Canyon
8. Eagle Harbor, MI - DONE 9. Oxford, Ohio 10. Go to new wineries in Livermore (6) - Bent Creek, 3 Steves 11. Brewery - tasting
12. Distillery - tasting 13. Organize and pare down 14. Work on bread making skills - make new breads 15. Bake a pie with homemade crust 16. Make homemade pasta 17. Make biscuits and gravy - done (December 26, 2022) 18. New recipes 19. Try new beers - tried a few 20. Story Corp interviews
21. 1SE (one second everyday) project - done
22. Participate in the A to Z Challenge
23. Work on scanning old pictures
24. Work on scanning WWI era letters - Done 25. Finish watching Tom Baker episodes with Nevada 26. Watch the Prisoner 27. Hang pictures in the house 28. Finish Count of Monte Cristo 29. Walk 1,000 fit bit miles - 841.22 30. Take a bike ride 31. Picture diary (once a week)? 32. $1 finds 33. Send a postcard / letter / card to someone ... 34. Finish Grinch quilt
35. Knit a blanket
36. Make pillow cases
37. Refinish towel rack / quilt rack 38. Make a quilt for Jack and Abram 39. Make a new soup 40. Do the 100 day project ...
52. Make a list for 2023...
and as always, eat less, exercise more.
When I come up with more things, I will update the list.
It has been an interesting January -- will post about that later.
Here's my update on my list from last year. Not a great completion rate.
Completed #s 1 and 3. I had wanted to do more visiting but that didn't work out, what with moving and COVID and all that.
Completed 11 & 14. I probably should have looked at my list more to remember to do the things on the list.
Completed 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, and 30. I posted daily pictures (well mostly) which increased my blog posts. Here's the 1SE project.
I interviewed my grandsons for my Story Corp interviews. I scanned some of the old pictures and scanned some of my grandfather's WWI era letters. I also finished hemming the curtains at our house before we moved.
Completed 31, 37 & 40. I've done a ton of reading on my Kindle; I started the Count of Monte Cristo -- still need to finish it up. I did the picture diary -- about 1 picture a day. I think I'll probably keep doing that this year. I did send a few cards out.
Completed 42, 46. Again, didn't get very far on these. I am almost done with the Grinch Quilt. Next year it will definitely be done. Yay!
So that's it. I completed 16 out of 52 -- or I will once I make my list for 2022. I am starting to work on the list. I want to pick things that I really want to do and then do them.
Last year, my niece did a cheese tasting thing (where they tried lots of different cheeses) and that seemed like a pretty good thing. I won't do cheese because that's a copy cat thing -- however, there are other things I could work on trying. Just trying to come up with something.