- get shower gift for my YD - done
- work on scan project (old pictures/letters/photo albums) - done (as evidenced by my Friday post)
- print songs for GPa's memorial - not yet -- turns out my cousin already did it so it's done. yay!!
- two blog posts - done
- cut blocks for Baby James's quilt - nope
In case you were wondering, here's one of the songs that I've asked my cousin Andrew to play
1. Continue to work on scan project
2. Cut blocks for Baby James quilt
3. Two blog posts
4. Make list for Michigan trip and get anything needed.
So. I was realizing that I didn't explain about the songs. The story is this: many years ago, my father used to play guitar and sing. He sang songs in the style of Burl Ives. Some of the songs I remember, are "The Fox," "The Foggy Foggy Dew," "Go Tell Aunt Rhody," "The Big Rock Candy Mountain" and I'm sure there were others. My cousin is coming to my dad's memorial and I had asked him if he would play some of these songs for us. He said he would learn them, but that he doesn't sing. So I figure that after the memorial we can go to the beach and sit around and sing the songs.