Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Under the Sea - Finished!

So I finished my most recent project (with two weeks to spare) ...


I was going to wait until I had more pictures to post about this, but I've given it to my daughter (to take to her friend) so I can't take any more pictures.  I've asked her to take some ...

Anyway, I used a high-loft batting to give it a plush, comforter type look.  I think that part was successful.  Actually, I'm very happy with the quilt. To get the high-loft comforter look, there was quilting on just about every seam.  This meant that I had a lot of loose ends that needed to be tucked in -- quite time consuming but worth it.



I'm calling this "under the sea" because it's supposed to be made out of mermaid colors.  There are turtles and sea horses, and purples, pinks and aquas.  I'm game for another name if anyone has any suggestions.




We're giving it to her this weekend at her baby shower.  I'm excited!

We also made a diaper cake...



2 comments:

Katie said...

It’s adorable! I need to get some finishes in before the year ends I think I did three.

Kate said...

Congrats on a very fun finish! The name fits perfectly.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...