Saturday, November 17, 2018

A New Project

Started a new project today.  A baby girl quilt.  I've been thinking about what to do for a while and hadn't come up with any ideas. I was showing a friend my blog and came across the following quilt ..


from May of 2011.  I wasn't sure about the dimensions and how much fabric so I looked in my notebook .. and there it was -- the drawings of it.  unfortunately no dimensions.  I ended up winging it.  I was impressed that it was actually in the notebook.  Anyway,  here's the plan.


 I got some new fabric. and sewed some strips together. 




..tomorrow I'll cut the blocks and hopefully start sewing them together.

I also got some nutcrackers today.  I really like them.




2 comments:

Kate said...

Love the pink fabrics you've picked for the new project. Very fun Nutcrackers. We have a set of Nutcrackers all holding guitars. It's become an annual seek and find for the SIT and I too see if we can find one to add to My Guy's collection. Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Katie said...

I will have to see if we have an extra nutcracker Christmas ormanmeng last year the kids made them for uncles and aunties. Love the new quilt.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...