Tuesday, March 5, 2013

15 Minute Challenge - Again

Another week has passed. My list of what I did looks better than it really was. I think I may have made things up on at least one of the days since I didn't keep track as I went along. I don't feel like I did very much but I am feeling excited about sewing/crafting/quilting (even knitting). So here's my week:

Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - cut fabric for Katie's project (KP)
Thursday - knitted blanket
Friday - cut oil cloth for KP
Saturday - bought fusible lining / thread / zippers
Sunday - cut fusible interfacing for KP; made triple zip pouch
Monday - finished quilting Blue Elephants



I'm happy with the way Blue Elephants looks with the quilting. I need to make some labels. Wish I had a cute shop name or something to put on labels, but I don't. I'm thinking I should label my quilts something like this:


Of course, I would change the date to coincide with the giving of the quilt and maybe include the baby's name .... I need to make a couple of baby girl quilts. think pinks, yellows, purples.

Kate suggests this month that we "talk about our crafting". This blog is obviously my platform for doing just that, but I'm thinking maybe that I'll get into the "nitty gritty" of what I do, kind of going through the process. Anyway, to see what everyone else has done this week, check out the 15 minute challenge at Life in Pieces (you can even link up too!)

6 comments:

Marti said...

LOL, I don't write down what I do everyday and have often looked back and wondered if I did any sewing on Wednesday, or whatever.

Kate said...

It's OK if your weekly record isn't accurate, the 15 minute challenge is about challenging yourself, not beating yourself up. I'm grateful to know that I'm not the only women who tries to think about the last 7 days and isn't always sure of what she actually did.

Great week. I love that the little bag.

Marg said...

I never write down anything, I'm hopeless, lol.
I always think about labels after i've finished the quilt. It would be nice to have some pre made ready to go. I have made a couple using printable fabric and my printer, they were easy to do.

make.share.give said...

Such a cute triple zip bag. I'm still too nervous to try one.

Katie said...

What about getting labels that just say... with love thea

I think that sounds cute. And don't belittle your accomplishments. I put "take trash out" and "put laundry away" on my weekend lists so that at least 1 thing gets crossed off.

Shay said...

I think it's brilliant that you've found some mojo and that you're excited about crafty stuff again. That's half the battle won. Just go with the flow and enjoy it! The rest will follow.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers