Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Soup #9 - Tomato


As you know, I have tomato plants in my garden and we've been harvesting the tomatoes.  However, we haven't been eating them very quickly. So, last week I saw this video on facebook ...



and decided I knew what I was going to do with some of those tomatoes.  So, I took all the tomatoes sitting in the kitchen ...


and peeled them

 

 blended them and cooked them in a pot ...


rolled out the mushy white bread (we cut the ends off and made croutons!) ...


rolled the cheese up in the bread and fried it ...


used some fresh basil from the garden as garnish ... 


and here it is!!

 

recipe from here

It was great.  I learned a few things and might use a different recipe next time, but it was great.  Loved the little grilled cheeseys and again, one I will definitely do again.  I think the little boys will like the grilled cheeseys.

2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

I've only recently begun to eat tomato soup. There's nothing like tomato with a grilled cheese. I'll have to give these a try!

Katajone said...

Sounds lovely! I am turning my tomatoes into salsa this weekend! I planted mostly Roma's specifically for salsa and pico!

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers