Thursday, December 2, 2010

and the stockings were hung by the chimney with care

So about a thousand years ago, I bought stockings for my kids at Michael's or JoAnn's (on sale after Christmas, I'm sure).  Although they are nice, I've wanted to make stockings for us.  I initially wanted to make cross stitch stockings and started one.



but it took forever and I didn't get very far and I was going to have to make five ....  So, since I started quilting, I've been looking for quilted stocking patterns but hadn't found one I liked.  I found one today and I think I'll try it.  If the stocking turns out okay and doesn't take too long, I may finally make them this year.

On another note, since we're going to sell the house and don't want to get pine needles (or worse) on the floor from the tree, we are going to get an artificial tree this year.
Never done that before.  I will miss the smell of pine -- maybe we can buy some fake pine smell too?
Okay, now I'm off to look at my fabric to see what I have that might work for the stockings ....

1 comment:

Katie said...

you can buy the fake pineness it's not the same though. I made Jono and Schreve stockings a few years ago for christmas - mine weren't quilted but equally fun - you can see them here - http://katajone.blogspot.com/2008/12/holiday-decor.html

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...