Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Cocktail Wednesday - July 2nd Edition

So, we haven't been keeping up totally with Cocktail Wednesday.  We've taken a few weeks off, but last week's cocktail was wonderful - I'm calling it Strawberry Lemonade.  I think I might stop trying new ones and just stick with this -- though I might try a raspberry version.

It appears we got the recipe here.

The ingredients are:

2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves

(and vodka).

So following the directions, I started with the simple syrup.  Basically, equal parts sugar and water.  I brought it to a boil and then turned it off.


In the meantime, I sliced strawberries and measured out the mint.

 

Then I got to the squeezing of the lemons.  We had decided to double the recipe so I was looking at about three cups of lemon juice.  I didn't actually do that much, but it was close.



Next, I put the strawberries and mint in the blender, added the lemon juice and simple syrup and liquefied it.  Then I put ice in the glasses, added a shot of vodka, and poured the lemonade over it. Honestly, the pictures don't do it justice. 


Most excellent and if you don't want to add the vodka, it's still a great drink!

4 comments:

Shay said...

Dammit - I have everything but the strawberries here right now but it's too stormy to go out to the shops for strawberries. Do you think it would be just as good with potatoes?

Katie said...

We love making lemonade around here. If we lived in CA and had access to good lemons all the time all we'd have it waaaay more often. I make mine with honey and it's Devine.

Kate said...

Sounds refreshing and they look oh so pretty too!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

That looks totally delish! My favorite part is having the toy story band aids close by, just in case :)
I may try this, but I'll probably omit the vodka - not a big fan.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers