Monday, February 16, 2015

Gallifrey One

Well, #17 on my list was to attend Gallifrey One (see this link).  I did that this past weekend.  About a year and a half ago, Nevada introduced me to Doctor Who.  She started out slow, showing me her favorite episodes and gradually got me hooked. 

Every year in Los Angeles, there is a Doctor Who convention called Gallifrey One and we decided last summer to go (actually it was April or May).  The convention has a bunch of cast members (from classic and new Who) who sit on panels, get interviewed, and even attend receptions where you get to meet them in a smaller setting.

About 3700 people attend (apparently this is a small number compared to other SciFi type conventions).  They come from all over the US and Canada.  They dress in regular clothes and in costume.  Here are a few of the costumes.  For those of you who know Doctor Who I'm sure the costumes are familiar and need no captions. For those of you who don't know, I don't imagine you care, but I'm putting the captions anyway. 

 Queen Elizabeth I (using her ipad)
 Clara in the TARDIS

 Amy and her centurion..

 U.N.I.T.
 A Dalek.

Madame de Pompadour


The back of the T.A.R.D.I.S.

Me and Nevada in the TARDIS.

The crack in the wall

 K-9 (or a couple of K-9s)

Anyway, it was a good time and I am already thinking ahead for next year's costumes ...

6 comments:

Katie said...

Fun what's your costume?

Southern Gal said...

I didn't know what Tardis was until another blogger friend told me last year. I still haven't watched a single episode of Dr. Who. Maybe this summer...

Kate said...

Looks like lots of fun. I've not watched Dr. Who since college I think. I just haven't been able to find time to get hooked again.

Arlee Bird said...

Someday I need to see this show. From what I've heard this is right up my line of interest.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Arlee Bird said...

Someday I need to see this show. From what I've heard this is right up my line of interest.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Shay said...

Looks like you had an absolute ball ! I wouldnt have recognised you without the caption. Great costume.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers