Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Soup #4 Pumpkin Soup and #5 Potato Soup

This weekend, I made two soups. 

The first was a pumpkin soup (recipe from here).  I wanted to do something similar to the butternut squash soup that I love.

Ingredients:
  • Pumpkin puree (I used canned)
  • Onion (one chopped)
  • Chicken stock
  • Fresh parsley
  • Fresh thyme
  • Garlic
  • Whipping cream
  • Pepper

It was yummy.  definitely will make it again; however, the butternut squash soup is better.  

I also made an apple crisp.  that was super yummy!


On Sunday, I went with a potato soup.  Recipe from here.

Ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Milk
  • Butter
  • Flour
  • Salt
  • Pepper 
  • Chicken bouillon
  • Cheddar cheese


 Basically, you make a white sauce with the butter flour and milk and add mashed potatoes.  It was very good and easy too.  I had it for dinner on Monday and added bacon.


2 comments:

Katie said...

Yum!

Kate said...

It's gotten cold here, so both of those would hit the spot I think.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...