Thursday, March 8, 2018

WIPs and other stuff

So, my nephew and his wife had their baby on March 8  - Oliver William
.
  Here is the blanket I'm working on for him/them.  I need to finish the quilting.


This is the other quilt I'm currently working on.  I've sewn all the blocks in rows, now I need to attach the rows.  After I sew the rows together I'm going to add a border, probably grey or brown.  There are two additional blocks I'll try to embed in the border. I'm probably going to quilt with straight lines -- maybe 4 or more inches apart -- both directions so it'll be squares. My goal is to finish this by the end of this month.  I'm irritated with myself for dragging my feet on this one.


After all this, I'm hoping to work on the Grinch quilt.  I also have Nate's quilt -- I got the fabric for it today.  I'm excited to get started on it; but I've got to finish these two first.  Here's the pattern I'm going to use.

(image from here)

We're going to be remodeling our house this year.  I might have to take my sewing stuff to my daughter's house so I can sew during the remodel.

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...