Friday, June 8, 2018

Baby, I'm Finally Done

Finally, finished the baby clothes quilt.  Hooray!  I think I was working on it for almost two years (I need to check when I first got the clothes).

I finished it on Wednesday night so I didn't get any outside pictures.  Here's a picture of it in use --


and the back too.


Here's the binding I used for it -- baseball-ish.  I think either a red or yellow would have been optimal, but wanted to finish so I went with what I had.  Maybe not my best decision, but it's done.



I made the binding 2.5 inches wide (rather than the normal 2.25); but when I sewed it to the quilt, I sewed the seam at .5 rather than .25.  I ended up trimming the edge of the quilt so the binding could fold over properly, and then I just enough thread to finish it.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Very fun quilt! Congrats on the finish. I like the striped binding, it works beautifully with the rest of the quilt.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...