Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Cookies #7 - Thin Mints

The most recent cookie was Thin Chocolate Mint Cookies -- basically the girl scout thin mints.  Nevada made hers ages ago.  I just made mine this weekend.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/5 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 c refined coconut oil
3/4 c sugar
2 T. milk
1 egg
1 t. vanilla

for the chocolate coating:
1 pound semisweet chocolate wafers
1/8 t. peppermint oil


The picture from the book

Nevada's cookies

One interesting thing with these cookies was that they were rolled between two sheets of parchment paper.  I'm not sure why.  I also made them smaller than suggested and then overcooked almost all of them.

 
I tried to take a picture like the one in the book.  I realize now that the angle was wrong.

 
If I make these again, I will use less mint in the chocolate and watch the cooking time more carefully.  Might just be easier to buy the girl scout cookies.


1 comment:

Kate said...

Sometimes the first pass isn't the best with a new recipe. They still look pretty. Plus it's nice to have an option if you get a craving for thin mints, but it's not Girl Scout cookie season.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers