Saturday, January 20, 2024

New Post - Recap and beginning of 2024

So, it's been forever since I've posted.  Though I was surprised that I had posted in September.  I'm not going to post pictures.  But I will re-cap my 2023 list here.

What happened this year, other than family issues, was that we ended up moving - from California to South Carolina.  The craziness of it all has kept me from doing normal things, like blogging, baking cookies, baking bread, exercising, just about everything. We left California on December 26 and landed in South Carolina on January 2.  Fortunately, the weather was good and we arrived safe but exhausted.

Now, on to the recap of 2023:

1.  Family Vacay?? - didn't happen
2.  Trip to LA - Gallifrey One - DONE
3.  Learn Spanish - didn't happen
4.  Go to new wineries in Livermore - I think we may have gone to a couple, Marietta's Well and Fenestra.
5.  Distillery - tasting - didn't happen
6.  Bake a pie with homemade crust - didn't happen
7.  Make homemade pasta - didn't happen
8.  6 New recipes - didn't happen
9.  Try new beers - not sure on this one.  I try new beers whenever I get the chance - at restaurants that is.
10. Story Corp interviews - meant to do these at Thanksgiving but it didn't happen
11. 1SE  (one second everyday) project - will post this after I'm done
12. Participate in the A to Z Challenge - started but stopped at "M"
13. Work on scanning old pictures
- didn't happen
14. Work on scanning WWI era letters - have been working on these, but didn't finish
15. Watch the Prisoner - didn't finish
16. Hang pictures in the house - done
17. Walk 1,000 fit bit miles - I walked 819.93 miles.  Not bad considering the foot pain I had that prevented me from doing as much as I wanted.
18. Take a bike ride - didn't happen
19. Picture diary (a picture a day?) - didn't complete
20. Finish Grinch quilt - didn't happen
21. Finish knitting blanket for Mackenzie
- didn't happen
22. Make pillow cases - didn't happen
23. Refinish towel rack / quilt rack - didn't happen
24. Visit family in Texas - on our way East and in August
25. Visit family in Tennessee - on our way East and for Thanksgiving
26. Plant olive trees - didn't happen
27. Plant rosemary - planted four - don't know how they are faring
28. Plant lavender - didn't happen
29. Take a photography course - didn't happen
30. Go to the Grand Canyon - didn't happen
31. Cocktail Wednesday (or Saturday) -- once a month - had a few times
32. Continue cookie bake off with Nevada - did a few.  need to see if she is up for doing more this year
33. Visit Andrew D in Maine - DONE
34. Make T-shirts (or buy) - Done
35. Drink more water - maybe
36. Go to the beach - didn't happen
37. Visit Ed R. Levin Park - DONE
38. Exercise more - shoot for 3x a week on the treadmill - not able to do because of plantar fasciitis
39. Take 12 hikes/walks - didn't document.  Pretty sure I didn't do this
40. Bake bread - I think I may have made bread 2x
41. Lose 25 pounds - didn't happen
42. Go to a zoo - didn't happen
43. Complete Couch to 5K - again didn't happen because of plantar fasciitis
44. Read through the entire Bible - almost
45. Organize / clean / etc. sewing room - it's cleaned out now.
46. Deep clean one room a month (starting in March) - I think I did maybe two rooms
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.

52. Make a list for 2024 - although not done yet, I will do it tonight or tomorrow night.

 For the slacker that I am, I'm pleased with what I accomplished.  Now for 2024.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Moving is one of those big all encompassing things. Hope you are settling in and getting back to normal and finding a new routine. Congrats on all you did from your list for 2023, it's a lot even if you didn't get to all of it.

Katie said...

Moving across country is a BIG thing! I never finished updating my list and I didn’t move although I feel like I typed it up and then forgot to publish.
Maybe we can come visit now that are you are “closer”.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...