Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Getting Settled - Part I

So we moved into this gorgeous house with my YD and her family on January 2, 2024.


I will be working in my areas (my room and my office) to make them comfy and homey. It'll be hard for me because I hate to spend money and it costs money to do this.  We left our bed in California - so the first thing was to get a bed. I have been sleeping on an air mattress since January 2.  It wasn't horrible, but the bed didn't retain heat and it may have given me a neck/back ache...  Since we didn't bring a bed frame, I ordered one online.

 
here's the frame - I think it's about 12-14 inches high, plain and simple (we will probably get another bed frame at some point, but not right away).

 
So the box spring and mattress arrived and I realized that it was just too big -- too high.  It came up past my waist.  there was no way I was going to be able to climb into bed.  So, the box spring had to go (hopefully, we can use it somewhere else in the house).

 
This is what it looks like now.  I need to get some coordinated pillows -- possibly a new duvet cover, bed skirt, and a nice folded blanket at the bottom of the bed - oh and new sheets -- you won't be able to see those, but I still need them.

Not there yet, but we gotta start somewhere.



1 comment:

Kate said...

It always takes a lot to get set up in a new place. Hope you get set up soon.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...