Saturday, May 17, 2014

Zoom Zoom - finished!

Here is my third finish for the year!! Yay!


The fabric is Zip Zoom so I decided to name the quilt Zoom Zoom.  I saw the kit on the Fat Quarter Shop and thought it would be a great boy quilt.  I didn't actually buy the kit.  I bought the fabric and made my own.  I bought enough fabric to make three of these ... I may make one for Cooper's 2nd birthday which is May 25 ...


This is the one I gave to Katie for her baby (due June 16 (or 15 or 14), I don't quite remember).  The baby's room was going to be black and white so I thought the bright colors would be perfect.  They changed the color scheme of the room so the colorfulness is not quite so necessary -- but it's a fun quilt anyway.


You can't tell but I quilted around the roads.  I'm not sure if I'll do that on the other quilts, but it turned out okay on this one. 


I finished the quilting and sewed the binding on before we went to Florida and then spent Monday night sewing the binding down and tucking in all the stray threads.  Unfortunately, the red on the back bled a little so the white is kind of pink ...


3 comments:

Shay said...

Two words- colour catchers. They've saved me more times than I care to count.

But despite that little trial for you I absolutely adore this quilt. My first reaction was "OH WOW" out loud no less, when I saw it!

Katie said...

I was just going to post about this too! I needed sunlight to take pictures it's been sooo rainy.

Kate said...

What a great quilt for a baby boy. Congrats on the finish. I had one of my red quilts bleed a bit. Shay says you need to use at least 20 color catchers when washing reds.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers