Friday, November 28, 2014

Gingham Giraffe

My DIL's brother had a baby about two months ago and I've been wanting to make him a quilt.  We had invited them over for Thanksgiving so I had a hard, fast deadline for the quilt. I spent a good part of Wednesday quilting and binding so it was ready for Thursday a.m.

I quilted around the giraffe (duh) and then did random straight lines through the rest of the quilt.

The blocks were not perfectly lined up (which is an understatement), but I think the random lines helped cover that up.  Overall, I am really happy with it.  I was really upset with myself for not re-doing the blocks and making sure they were all lined up ..

The backing was a flannel I had in my stash and I think it worked really well.

Another finish!! (The eighth one this year -- not sure I'll get nine done, but if I push through the Grinch quilt, I might make it.  (#9 on my list)).

4 comments:

Kate said...

Very, very cute! What a great baby quilt. If you have some irregularities, they certainly don't show up in the photos. Congrats on the finish.

Peggy said...

What a beautiful baby quilt!

Katie said...

I think this turned out great! The binding looks too cute

Shay said...

The yellow binding looks great against the blue gingham- such a sweet quilt ! LOVE that quilting , and I cant see where any blocks didn’t line up so I think you’re being way too hard on yourself. A fabulous finish I’d say . How stinking cute is that giraffe!

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers