Friday, November 28, 2014

Turkey Trot 2014

So for the second year, we participated in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.  I'm hoping to make it a family tradition but so far only two of my kids have participated and my YD wasn't able to this year because of her broken leg.  It's a 5K, or a 10K if you prefer, and you can either walk it or run it.  The kids ran, hubby and I walked.

 



Here's a picture from last year ...



A crowd shot, just before we began.  I think about 26,000 people participated.  It's a fun time.  Now I need to get the rest of the family involved ...

3 comments:

Katie said...

We talked about doing wheelers here but it was going to be too cold for the baby

Kate said...

Looks like a great way to start off Thanksgiving.

Shay said...

Way to go guys! Put me down to do this with you if I'm ever in your part of the world when it comes up. Walking the course sounds like something even I could do !

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers