Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Goals III

In the big scheme of things, my goals are silliness. they have no importance except to me. They will not help anyone. They will not change the world. They are selfish and self-centered. Does that make them bad??

Perhaps I need to re-think my goals. To lose weight for the sake of being thinner, and therefore better looking, and therefore more desired, is perhaps not a good thing. However, to lose weight for the sake of being healthier is a good thing. What is my motivation? The first reason. However, i have not been very successful at having a goal and sticking to it -- so I am not so concerned about those things.

I was listening to a song this morning, "life for rent". One of the lines is "I am so afraid to fail so I won't even try". That's me to a tee. How can I fail at anything if I don't try. I don't want to be that way any more. I want to move out of that. The other song I was listening to, was the one by Kelly Clarkson, talking about fear, because of you -- I'm not sure who the "you" is in my life, but because of someone or something, I am afraid.

Fear is a big thing for me. Fear of rejection. Fear of failure. Fear. Fear. Fear.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

We were talking tonight about really believing in God. Do I??

What do I think of Muslims praying to Jesus in the Mosque?

Things to think about.

No comments:

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers