Thursday, July 23, 2009

Days off

I took yesterday and today off (it's Thursday morning now so I have to talk like this). I took the days off just because. I didn't have anything I needed to do or anywhere I needed to be.

It's been nice. Ran some errands. Did some stuff that needed to be done (washed two cars ...). And basically, just hung out. I didn't go to the gym and I ate too much junk. But otherwise a good day. I worked on Kelly's birthday present which I'd really like to finish up tomorrow, at least well enough to get some help with it on Saturday - or next weekend at the latest.

It's hard to believe there was a time when I didn't go to work every day .. I can't even remember what it was like, it was so long ago. Yeah, I had five kids at home so it wasn't relaxing, but still ... makes me look forward to retirement, if that day will ever come.

when I finish Kelly's quilt I'll take pictures, but I won't post them until after I give it to her. I think I'm making too many squares so I'll probably end up having two quilts instead of one. I'm thinking with the leftovers that I'll make a small quilt to hang over my work area... She doesn't read this so there's no fear of her finding out about it ahead of time. I hope she like it. I was cutting the pieces when she was home last and she didn't ask about them ... I think she had other things on her mind.

Here's to having a productive day tomorrow...

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...