Wednesday, July 15, 2009

self-control .. self-discipline

self-control -- control or restraint of oneself or one's actions, feelings, etc.

self-discipline -- discipline and training of oneself, usually for improvement:

Soooo, I don't have enough of either of those. They both seem so restrictive but I know that the result is good. If I could exert self control when it comes to eating -- particularly things like cake and cupcakes and other sweets -- I would have lost the weight I want to already. If I had the self discipline to exercise the way I would like, I would be in the shape I want to be. But I don't use enough of either of these. It all comes back to, why do I do the things I don't want to and not do the things I want.

I've been thinking about these two things a lot today. Actually helped me to go to the gym tonight. I think the self-control thing is harder .. oh, I don't know, they are both hard.

On another note, the cats were outside tonight and spooky was acting weird, running after something ... she found a skunk earlier this summer so I looked outside to see what she was running after and there were two raccoons sitting on the fence. If I'd been on the ball I'd have taken a picture, but I've heard nightmare stories of raccoons killing dogs so I ran out to scare them away and to get the cats in. They both came in right away so I think they may have been scared too. However, the raccoons were really cute!

No comments:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...