Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cocktail Wednesday - Bloody Mary

With this post I will be caught up on my Cocktail Wednesday posts -- until the next one.

The week's cocktail (October 14), was the Bloody Mary, recipe from here, I think.  I only think, because I didn't make this week's drink.  My husband was the bartender/chef this week.  I was at the Winchester Mystery House on a tour and running late so he took over.


Ingredients:
  • 32 ounces tomato juice (or try using Clamato juice, my favorite)
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 3 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon tabasco
  • 1 tablespoon horseradish
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground caraway seed
  • 1/2 tablespoon dry oregano
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground celery seed
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • Ice
  • 8 ounces vodka (optional)
He had a pitcher of it made (without the vodka) before I got home.

I had never had a Bloody Mary before and these were, again, very tasty.  What a way to get your vegetables!

The drink for this week is a Dark and Stormy.  Looking forward to another one!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've always wondered what was in a Bloody Mary. If not for the alcohol, it has pretty much the same ingredients as a soup.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers