Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Old Pictures ..

I was looking for pictures on my niece's flickr (don't remember why I was looking) and ran across these ...


This one was taken in Eagle Harbor with my father's parents - Melvin and Muriel Kelly.  My grandma (Granny) was 65 when these pictures were taken.  She always seemed to old to me, but she really wasn't that old -- just in my 6 year old mind.  I never thought about whether my grandpa (Big Grandpa) was old or not.  He was just Grandpa.

The same picture but from a different angle ..  the Eagle Harbor Light House is behind us on the right -- too bad you can't see it.


This is a picture of me and my cousins Jeff White and Stephen Deshler.  Stephen and I are the same age -- he lives close by now and we get together every now and again.  This picture was taken at my other grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary.


This is another picture from Michigan -- taken at Fort Wilkins (I went there this past summer).  This was in 1983 because my #2 son was just a baby at the time.  The others in this picture are Atsumi (a Japanese friend of my grandparents), my oldest, Paul, who was 2 1/2 at the time, my cousin Dave Kelly and his wife Sue, my dad and mom, me and my middle son, Mark.



Here's a much later picture taken on the National Mall in Washington DC -- must have been summer of 1989 because my younges is the baby in the 2nd picture below.


I don't remember the day, but these pictures are kinda cool.  From left to right, back row, my youngest son, Michael, held by my sister Anna, my niece Katie, Paul, my youngest, Robin, held by my husband (who was very young and thin at the time); front row, my older daughter, Kelly, Jonathan (now known as Jones), JJ, and Mark. 

(I decided that my kids can have real names now -- if they want me to change them, they'll have to let me know.)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Looking at old family photos is fun. It's always startling to realize just how much the kids have grown and you have changed.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...