Sunday, February 11, 2018

First Finish of 2018

I have now finished the quilt for my OS baby girl.  It is smaller than many I have made, but I am happy with how it turned out.  I probably should have added a border to make it a little larger, but was going with the pattern and so didn't.

I did some fussy cutting for the larger elephants -- a first for me.  Well at least to succeed at it.  I tried with another quilt I made but the images I was fussy cutting were too large for the blocks so they got cut off.

I used a striped grey and white fabric for the binding.  I had wanted to use a mint polka dot but decided that would be too much green -- however, I'm still second guessing myself on that choice. 



Here's the quilt.


It's not very big - 36x48 - I think.  The next one will have to be bigger.   Here's a picture of the diaper cake that my YD and I made for the baby shower ..




4 comments:

Katie said...

Turned out great! They will love it!

Southern Gal said...

You're so talented! I love the quilt and that diaper cake! So original.

Kate said...

The quilt turned out beautifully. Love the soft green with the gray. The shower cake turned out beautifully too. You do such a great job with those.

June D said...

The stitching on this quilt is terrific! What fun.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers