Monday, March 22, 2021

Focaccia Bread (#2)

One of my goals this year was to make a new bread.  I had made some bread, with my grandchildren, earlier this year -- it was a different bread, but I had actually made it, maybe 30 years ago.  I got the recipe from a friend I haven't seen in probably just as long.

For Christmas I got Nevada a bread book.  


She started working through the book, making all the breads, one recipe every other week.  We were talking about it a few weeks ago and I told her I wanted to make the breads with her (she agreed / allowed me to), so I bought the book. 

She had already made the first four breads, so I jumped in with the fifth one - No Knead Simple Focaccia.  My husband and I ended up going to our son's house so I made the bread there.

Ingredients:

  • 8 grams instant yeast
  • 375 grams water
  • 500 grams all-purpose flour
  • 10 grams salt
  • Oil (for greasing the pan)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons flaky sea salt


Lately, I've been taking a picture of the dough before the first rise -- so I can be sure it has actually risen.



The bread in the oven.

The bread was great!  The next recipe is Focaccia with Parmesan, Figs, and Walnuts -- I am really  looking forward to that!

1 comment:

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...