Thursday, March 4, 2021

Happy Birthday!

Today would have been my mother's 94th birthday.

My mother used to knit, all the time.  I have boxes of sweaters she made.  The socks I was wearing in the chillaxing picture last week were made by her.  She used to bake bread.  She used to make most of her clothes -- and many of mine when I was growing up and and when I first started working.  She was always making something.  She painted.  I miss her.

Wedding day
May 29, 1952
 
Weaving in Michigan

More weaving

and the final result ..


My Mom & Dad

Today is also my Aunt Mearlene's birthday.  I called and spoke with her today -- I hope I can get back to the East Coast to see her soon.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww. Sending your hugs!

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...