The first trip we decided to take after my retirement was to drive around Lake Superior. It's officially called the Lake Superior Circle Tour, but we only did a partial circle around the lake.
Day 1, we drove from South Carolina, through North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio.
The West Virginia turnpike was great - surprising because I seem to remember the Pennsylvania and Ohio turnpikes as being nightmares. The rest areas were amazing and the scenery was beautiful. There were also several tunnels which I also enjoyed -- must be good memories from my childhood.
That night we stayed at my sister's house in Oxford, Ohio. She lives there with her OD and her two children. Her YD lives in town with her husband and two kids, as well, and we were able to see all of them.
This was the first visit to her house, but we've been to Oxford many times as my grandparents used to live there. I would have loved to stop by their house, but sadly, it has been gone for many years.
It was a fairly long driving day but we had time for visiting and dinner. Here's the group for dinner (without me as I'm taking the picture).
No comments:
Post a Comment