Friday, June 26, 2009

Thursday's thoughts

A strange day. Michael Jackson died. I was never a huge fan but I feel like I grew up with him. I first heard about him when I was in 7th grade. One of the girls at school went to see the Jackson 5 in concert and met him. Vera. And basically, he's been around since then. Feels kind of like when Princess Diana died. Y'know someone the same age as me who seemed larger than life; and then they die. They aren't larger than life. They are just people. They were. How final. And life goes on.

I don't like that part - that life goes on. For Michael, the world will mourn, but things will continue pretty much as they did yesterday. HIs life is ended. We will celebrate his life, mourn his death, and then go about our business. That's how it is.

On another note, I got some new running shoes today. I had them fitted. I think it's been 35 years since I had someone measure my foot... but, my thought was really related to how the young hot girl who was there before me got much more/better attention. Our money is the same but it's not just about the money. But then again, who wants to sell shoes ... reminds me of Al Bundy, who reminds me of Ted Bundy, who reminds me of NCIS - one of my favorite TV shows.

Life goes on.

No comments:

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers