Sunday, September 1, 2013

Paul & Carolina's Wedding - Part I

The first part I want to talk about are the parts in which my husband and I were most involved.  They are 1) the rehearsal dinner and 2) the biscotti "party" favors.  My husband was fitted for a tux (pretty standard) and also attended the bachelor party.  My duties were to dress nicely, make the ring bearer pillow (I made two: one for the rehearsal, one for the wedding), and to make the biscotti -- a gift bag for each guest with three biscotti in each bag (with 120 guests, that makes 360 biscotti).  Fortunately, each batch only takes about an hour and a half, beginning to end, and there are 30 biscotti in each batch.  I had also gotten my son a white paisley tie made which he used either for the rehearsal dinner or the wedding, not sure which day he wore it.






Here are a couple of the dresses I tried on .. I'm not too excited about them (but thank goodness I've lost weight) ...

I think the one on the far right is the one I got.

Our entire family was in the wedding party except for DIL1 and the two youngest grandchildren.  My two sons were co-best men and the bride's two sisters were co-maids of honor.  My two daughters were bridesmaids.  The two remaining groomsmen were a cousin and a good fried of my son.

Here they are at the rehearsal.











And here are some pics from the rehearsal dinner.  My phone died so I didn't get enough.



My three daughters (DIL, OD, and YD).

and, my soon-to-be four daughters (DIL1, OD, YD, the bride)

My YD (youngest daughter) and DIL.

My YS (husband of DIL and father to the three grandchildren).

Mother of the bride and groomsman (cousin).


4 comments:

Marg said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. Can we please see at least one of you at the wedding?

Katie said...

Yay sorry we missed the rehearsal. Your dress was very pretty

Peggy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Even making the biscotti, and don't they look yummy.

Kate said...

Looks like everyone had fun at the rehearsal dinner. Love your dress.

2024 - Week 8 - Feb 19 - 25

  Feb 21 - Nevada's Teddy Feb 22 - more of Teddy   Feb 24 - a new tent    Feb 25 - Popovers