Monday, September 23, 2013

Pink Elephants in the Post

As usual, I am at a loss for a name for my blog post.  I love the 15 minute challenge on Tuesday, because, like a uniform, I already know what the name is going to be.  No decisions on my part.  It's not that I don't like cute/clever names, but they take work and it's too much for me.

I ordered some fabric on line last week, to make a couple of girl quilts.  I was hoping that one would come today and it did.  It is, in fact, pink elephants -- the pink version of the blue elephants from my blue elephant quilt (another creative name).


 Here is the blue elephant quilt, which I love.  I plan to make something similar with the pink.  Something simple. 


Next, my dear friend Amanda made a quilt for her little boy.  Here's a picture of the finished top. Isn't it great!!  She is one of the people who helped me get started with quilting -- she has a great eye for colors and patterns! Hopefully she'll forgive me for stealing the picture from facebook.


Anyway, she gave me her leftovers from this quilt.  I didn't take a picture of all the scraps but I can't wait to figure out what to do with them.

The other fabric I ordered online was a jelly roll of Simply Style by V and Co.  I had seen this jelly roll quilt and I had to have it.  I am going to be totally unoriginal and make one like it.  When I looked today to see when it was going to be delivered, the shop I bought it from was on vacation.  Boo hoo.  I was upset that it would be a while before it would come.  I resigned myself to waiting.  However, when I came home today, this is what I found!! So very exciting.


I finished making the blocks for my rainbow menagerie or whatever it will be called.  Now I need to sew the blocks together.  Here's the first layout I tried. I'll try some other layouts later this week and decide which way to go.


I just love the reverse blocks. 


All in all, a pretty good sewing/fabric kind of day.

3 comments:

Marg said...

A very very good day. Looks like you'll be busy for awhile with lots of lovely quilts to make.

Shay said...

Totally adorable fabrics. The blue elephant version is too sweet – I love the dots on the backing.

Fabric mail is always so exciting to receive. That jell roll quilt is going to look fantastic.

Rainbow menagerie is a perfect name.You should run with that, and your blocks are looking great. Wow – you did that one fast!

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing your Pink Elephant quilt, I love that fabric.

The Rainbow Menagerie blocks look great!

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...